Squire and Company
Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Orem, Utah
Job Hours: FT: M-F 8 am - 5 pm, (Some overtime needed during busy seasons)
Hourly Rate: TBD (Typical range is $18.50-19.50/hour)
Education: Associates degree preferred, or some formal education plus on-the-job experience
Benefits: Health Insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid time off, training, tuition reimbursement, 401K
Experience: Minimum of 2+ years preferred
The Administrative Assistant provides a variety of administrative, project management, sales, and other support services to executive management and other assigned staff. This individual will represent the executives when interfacing with external and internal clients, potential clients, and vendors. The Administrative Assistant will also serve as a facilitator to coordinate deadlines, and resolve issues directly or through others, to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner in high-pressure situations. Work hours will need to be adapted and/or extended to meet project deadlines.
- Facilitate phone calls; handle questions and complaints; set up and confirm appointments and meetings.
- Oversee the needs of any visitor to the departments.
- Deal with complex queries on the telephone, by email, and in person.
- Administer and assist in managing internal projects by following up with responsible parties, managing deadlines, and providing support to other staff.
- Screen incoming correspondence, responding when appropriate or referring inquiries to staff members.
- Assist in managing relationships with Microsoft, Intuit, Oracle, and other key organizations.
- Assist in billing processes and creating reports through our software program, as needed.
- Take and prepare meeting minutes as needed; identify action items and ensure follow-up.
- Prepare client bills and assist with collection efforts, including related correspondence and client calls.
- Coordinate setup and take-down for training meetings. May also involve coordinating meals for various meetings.
- Assist with the planning and execution of firm events and functions.
- Place and process orders for various software.
- Format and edit letters, reports, and all other correspondence from draft stage to client-ready work; adhere to record retention policies and procedures.
- Work with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM, and other relevant software, effectively navigate and research on the internet, and use technical equipment appropriately.
- Maintain confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Assist respective Partners in the preparation of tax returns throughout the year.
Other responsibilities as assigned by the firm may include:
- Assemble tax returns, e-file, and compose correspondence to the IRS
- Document management
- Coordinating work with other administrative assistants
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Ability to manage stress in a high workload environment
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures, software, and equipment; ability to learn several new computer programs quickly
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, and the public
- Associate degree preferred, but some formal education plus on-the-job experience is acceptable
$18.50 - $19.50 hourly
About Squire and Company
Squire and Company is a public accounting company that values innovation, a balanced lifestyle and provides opportunities for growth.