Law Office of Susan A. Katzen
If you are looking for a fast-paced, positive team environment with personal and professional growth potential, then look no further. Our Estate Planning law firm has an immediate full-time opportunity for a professional Legal Administrative Assistant/Receptionist, or as we like to call it our “Front Office Specialist”. We are seeking a friendly seasoned professional who has experience working in a law firm environment. This position will handle important administrative duties related to direct attorney support, customer service, client retention, and office management. We need an individual who knows how to be a team player, and who has excellent administrative and communication skills. Our Front Office Specialist serves as our firm's “meeter, greeter, and seater” for clients. In other words, the person at our front desk is our official Ambassador of First Impressions. We are looking for an “A+” player with organizational talent to help us to continue to grow our business. The person we hire must bring energy, positivity, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day.
This is a fabulous opportunity for someone who wants to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Answer phones, welcome clients, set up conference rooms for meetings
- Perform basic administrative tasks – collect and distribute mail, maintain mail log, draft documents, copy, scan, file, purchase office supplies as needed
- Communicate with potential and existing clients in person, by phone, and email
- Manage paper and electronic files
- Back up team members when they need a hand or a day off
- Perform any other tasks as needed to ensure our firm is operating efficiently
- Maintain client confidentiality
If the following describes you, then YOU may be we are looking for:
- You believe it’s important to greet all potential and existing clients with a warm, friendly welcome
- You answer the phone with a smile
- You treat a call at 4:30 on Friday with the same care and compassion as one on Monday morning
- You are skilled at communicating with people on the phone, in person, and by email
- You change gears quickly
- You are a relationship-builder who is comfortable interacting with different types of personalities and all levels of authority, especially individuals in emotional need
- You conquer e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing, and the internet
- You see an opportunity for an organization where others see a mess
- You are eager to learn new tasks and computer systems
- You value doing it right the first time, so you proofread your work and double-check details
- You know what happens in the office, stays in the office
- You are knowledgeable and proficient with Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- You genuinely care about clients and want to deliver an experience that turns them into raving fans
- Spanish speaking is a plus
These items are non-negotiable:
- You must be available to work and be in the office Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- You must have prior law office experience
- You must have strong administrative skills and be detail-oriented
- You must be comfortable working with various computer programs, databases, and systems
- You must be reliable, trustworthy, and able to maintain strict confidentiality
- You don’t think making coffee or getting our guests a beverage is beneath you
- You must be a positive, high-energy team player who is results-oriented – No Drama!
- You must care about something and have goals in life
This position offers a respectful team culture, opportunities for professional development, benefits, and a competitive salary based on skills and experience.
$19 - $23 hourly DOE
About Law Office of Susan A. Katzen
The Law Office of Susan A. Katzen provides exceptional personalized legal services and peace of mind that empowers our clients to plan for and protect the two most important things in their lives: the people they love—especially those loved ones with a disability—and the assets they possess to ensure family harmony. We practice exclusively in the areas of estate planning, special needs planning, trust administration, settlement planning, probate, and conservatorships.
Why work with us? We value our employees and their individual success. We provide:
- Continuing education
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Health Insurance benefits
- 401K plan with employer matching (after the qualification period)