The Child and Family Therapy Center of Denver
The Child and Family Therapy Center of Denver are seeking a Part-Time Administrative Assistant. If you love improving the lives of children and their families, and you want to work with one of the most friendly and supportive teams in the field, we’d love to hear from you!
The Child and Family Therapy Center of Denver is a multi-disciplinary agency that integrates Child and Family Therapy, Play Therapy, Music Therapy, and Massage Therapy. The clients are primarily 18 years old or younger. As an important member of our support team, you would ensure that the office experience is in line with the Center’s mission and values, for both clients and team members.
The Child and Family Therapy Center of Denver live by values that guide who we are as a team and how we present to our communities. We hire staff who bring these values to life.
- Service – We serve individuals and families to help improve the quality of life for each client we serve by building meaningful relationships.
- Integrity – We pursue honorable initiatives in a way that is honest, transparent, and ethical.
- Empowerment – We believe in helping people reach their full potential and recognize each individual’s strengths, abilities, and inherent value.
- Respect – We build open and honest relationships with effective communication and consideration for one another.
- Excellence – We challenge ourselves to do great work. We actively seek feedback to continually improve and evolve our practices and services. We cultivate and train our staff, set tangible benchmarks for our organization, and strive to exceed our goals.
- Community Collaboration – We are better together. We partner with agencies in the community to help strengthen our families by connecting them to valuable resources.
- Stewardship – We are responsible stewards of the planning and management of the resources for the agency.
The Administrative Assistant will provide part-time administrative support to The Child and Family Therapy Center of Denver at its Greenwood Village, CO location and Westminster Location. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing services in a professional and qualified manner. This position reports to the Human Resource Coordinator.
- Ensures a professional, safe, and welcoming environment for all clients and staff
- Maintains common spaces for appearance and functionality including keeping the office clean,
- organized, and free of hazards
- Manages supplies including taking inventory and stocking supplies
- Perform general administrative/clerical work including scanning, filing, faxing, data entry, document
- preparation etc.
- Manage the Social Media page
- Designs and implements celebratory and cultural experiences at the office
- Audits and verifies client paperwork for completeness and accuracy
- Processes and records client service plans
- Verifies client insurance eligibility
- Responds to agency referrals
- Reactivates and discharges clients
- Ensures completion of therapist session notes and documentation
- Professionally answers questions from clients and staff regarding office procedures and policies
- Provides assistance to Human Resources staff and the Practice Director as directed
- Maintains regular and punctual in-office attendance
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working with children with developmental disabilities
- Administrative or clerical experience in a medical or mental health setting
- Familiarly with HIPAA and privacy laws
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature. Requires ability to sit for prolonged periods while working on a computer and accomplishing other desktop work
- Requires the ability to retrieve work materials from overhead, waist, and ground levels
- Requires dexterity to write and use a keyboard at an acceptable rate and operate office equipment.
- Must be able to position self to clean and organize objects, such as toys, files, and supplies, including objects on low- and high-level shelves and cabinets
- Frequent sitting – remaining in a sedentary and seated position
- Frequent fingering – picking, pinching, and gripping, working fingers with fine manipulation
- Frequent reaching below shoulders – extending arms in a direction below shoulders
- Continuous communication – expressing and exchanging written/verbal/electronic information
- Continuous vision – clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 15 feet or more
- Continuous auditory – perceiving the variances of sounds, tones, and pitches
- Occasional reaching above shoulders – extending arms in any direction above shoulders
- Occasional standing – remaining on one’s feet without moving
- Occasional walking – moving about on foot
- Occasional lifting under 15lbs – raising and lowering objects under 15lbs from one level to another
- Occasional carrying under 15lbs – transporting an object holding in hands, arms, or shoulders
- Occasional push/pull – exerting force to move objects away from or toward
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
- Part-time (20-25 hours per week) in the office
- Your choice between 4 days per week (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM) or 3 days per week (12:00 PM - 7:00 PM)
- One day a week Must be at the North Office Location
About The Child and Family Therapy Center of Denver
The Child and Family Therapy Center of Denver is compassionately dedicated to improving the lives of each family we serve. We strive to create and maintain an inclusive, supportive, and collaborative environment that is safe and embracing of all cultures and backgrounds. We work to be aware of our individual biases and value human differences and we value input, visibility, and feedback from all. We desire for every individual - clients and staff, to be heard, respected, and empowered to live authentically.
Our roots are in serving families navigating complex medical and behavioral needs, including chronic illnesses and developmental disabilities. We work with all Medicaid organizations, the Home and Community Based Services waivers, Anthem Blue Cross and privately-paying individuals and families. In addition, we have in-school placements and work closely with the primary medical care community.