Do your friends tease you about making lists? Are you compulsively organized about your work? When it's time to learn something new, do you find excitement in the challenge? Are you the one that always notices the unnecessary step in a process? When an error is made, are you the one compelled to figure out how it happened and fix it?
If so, welcome home. We are your people!
We are looking for a qualified person to add as a full-time team member to work 40 hours a week.
You must live within a 20-mile driving distance of our office at 844 St. Andrews Road, Columbia, SC 29210. You must be able to stand on your feet for an extended time. Occasionally, you may be needed to work overtime in the case of a rush job or expedited transcript. Periodic in-state travel will be required.
Our company provides several benefits, but health insurance is not one of them. If that is an issue, we understand.
We will teach you everything you need to know about working in this fast-moving office environment. No knowledge of the legal system is required. Although you must work well independently of others, you will need the ability to function in a team environment because Southern Reporting team members participate in shared leadership and in growing our company.
- Provide word-class customer service to our client base and vendors
- Conduct Legal Videography (no prior knowledge or experience is required)
- Process transcripts and exhibits from pre-trial depositions
- Verify the completion and accuracy of outgoing invoices
- Schedule depositions
- Duplicate and sync deposition videos
- Prepare mail and express delivery packages
- Facilitate communication between our customers and team to ensure customer satisfaction
- Answer phones and complete urgent client requests
- Participate in marketing, re-billing, data archiving, and video/teleconference setup
- Continually improve skills via training and online research
- Handle other projects as assigned
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; can empathize and build relationships with a variety of personalities
- Solid, detailed work ethic with a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Commitment to outstanding product quality and customer service
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Ability to pass a background investigation and sign a confidentiality agreement
- Above-average intelligence, unqualified honesty, and impeccable integrity
- Strong grammar and punctuation skills
- Because of the high-tech nature of our business, advanced computer skills are essential. Amateur IT skills are a plus
- Amateur video skills are a plus
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions and solve problems
$30,000 - $31,000 yearly
About Southern Reporting
Southern Reporting, one of South Carolina’s premier court-reporting firms, provides case management and litigation support services to the legal community throughout South Carolina.