PearsonRavitz is looking to add an Administrative (Policy Update) Assistant to its rapidly growing and dynamic team. The Policy Update Assistant will assist the Policy Update Advisor in various administrative tasks aimed to streamline the update process. If you are organized, willing to learn, and love checking things off your to-do list in a timely fashion, we think you’d make a great addition to our fantastic team.
Please note – no insurance experience is needed for this role. We are happy to teach you the ins and outs of the industry. What we ask for in return is a willingness to dive in, a deep desire to learn, particular attention to detail, incredible communication skills, and a go-getter attitude.
**NOTE** PLEASE DO NOT REACH OUT TO PEARSON RAVITZ DIRECTLY. FOR ANY APPLICATION QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT CIPRANI CONSULTING, INSTEAD.
Please include a cover letter, as well!
- Sending out regular communication to clients regarding opportunities to update their ensuring all necessary follow-up is handled for unresponsive clients
- Working with the Policy Update Advisor to develop a system to track client notifications per insurance carrier
- Being comfortable with both email and telephone communication with both clients and representatives from the insurance carriers
- Assisting the Policy Update Advisor in completing daily tasks in Salesforce and ensuring all necessary documentation of these tasks is recorded in the system
- Assisting the Policy Update Advisor in completing portions of applications for policy
- Providing the Policy Update Advisor with clear and regular updates on workload, the status of relevant clients who are in the update process, etc.
- Working closely with the Client Services Specialist to troubleshoot issues before escalating to the Policy Update Advisor
- Understanding our commitment to HIPAA compliance and maintaining all personal records according to the guidelines which we’ve put in place
- Participating in weekly meetings with the remainder of our internal team to clearly communicate challenges or successes with certain client cases or processes
- Continually monitoring your own performance and finding ways to improve on your sharing these improvements with the rest of the team to help better all of PearsonRavitz’s workflows
- Are customer service-oriented, agile, inquisitive
- Are a strong organizer and multitasker
- Enjoy continuous change and improvement, and want to have a stake in helping shape those improvements
- Love to create systems and maintain them
- Aren’t afraid of a high volume of communications in many forms (email, text, phone, etc.)
- Embrace technology as a means of running things more efficiently and don’t shy away from tools or software you haven’t worked with before
- Aren’t afraid of the unknowns and ambiguities of small business and are willing to dive into anything
- Are highly conscientious, like to see things done right, and aren’t one to let things slip through the cracks
- Love to communicate with clients and delight in delivering top-notch, professional service
- Don’t find any task too small – as with any small team, you never know where your assistance will be needed!
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience working with G Suite or Salesforce
- Have experience in the insurance industry
$40,000 - $50,000
About Pearson Ravitz
Stephanie Pearson, MD, FACOG, brings the experience of a physician into the disability and life insurance market. Injured in the prime of her career, the Board Certified OB/GYN took an unexpected journey to becoming an advocate and advisor for physician insurance. Scott Ravitz, a longtime broker and insurance expert to the medical community, was a natural advisor and behind-the-scenes colleague for Stephanie. Today, the two have officially partnered to offer unique industry insights and expertise with incredible care. Together as PearsonRavitz, Stephanie and Scott advise and advocate for physicians about the importance of protecting life’s most valuable financial assets. The partnership wields the duo’s powerful combined skill set — and has made them sought-after experts on the basics and nuances of disability and life insurance for doctors.