Allan Joseph Properties
Allan Joseph Properties seeks an acquisition professional to be an integral part of a team that sources, underwrites, evaluates, structures, and closes Commercial Real Estate investments and large quality real estate properties in the midwest and southwest markets.
- Deal Sourcing and Review: Source and evaluate investment opportunities consistent with client-specific and general firm investment criteria. Focus will be on core, core-plus, value-add and opportunistic office, retail, industrial, multi-family and select hospitality investments. Role will involve substantial interaction with real estate brokers and owners; the ideal applicant will have pre-existing relationships and deal experience with an extensive number of local market participants in the operational region.
- Deal Structuring and Documentation: Assist with deal structuring and negotiation of investment terms, including coordination with legal counsel. The ideal candidate will have direct experience negotiating transaction documents, including JV agreements, loan documents and purchase and sale agreements.
- Projections: Assemble and modify cash flow projection models with respect to an investment, utilizing both Argus and Excel. Utilize judgment, develop and form strong opinions on various underwriting assumptions (with emphasis on the capital costs of renovation programs) and appropriate pricing/return parameters. The ideal candidate will have deep Argus and Excel experience to be able to thoroughly and reliably check the work of the Analysts and Associates that they are supervising.
- Investment Memoranda: Prepare and present Investment Memoranda to the Investment Committee and to Portfolio Management personnel. Candidate must be able to clearly articulate and support a cogent investment thesis for a variety of different product types, submarkets and levels of risk.
- Due Diligence and Closing: Undertake all due diligence responsibilities including detailed analyses of a property’s title and entitlement status, engineering and environmental condition, tenants and in-place leases review, operations and related financial statement review, analysis of market and competitive position, and other typical pertinent due diligence issues. Involves substantial data collection and review. Monitor transaction progress and coordinate closing.
- Group Administration: Acquire extensive familiarity with all major departmental procedures, data sources and software packages. Assist in the development and implementation of group/firm operational initiatives.
- Must possess the ability to undertake detailed analyses and to make well-reasoned, decisive recommendations to senior management.
- Excellent writing skills, financial/quantitative skills, and fluency in Excel and Argus software are required and absolutely critical.
- Must be able to efficiently work with a minimum of supervision, and to allocate time between multiple tasks/demands, changing priorities, and tight deadlines; an ability to concurrently pursue multiple opportunities is required.
- Education Requirements: Undergraduate degree required. MBA, MRED or CFA is a plus.
$80,000 includes base and incentives
About Allan Joseph Properties
With over 50 years combined real estate experience, Allan Joseph Properties focuses on quality core plus and value add opportunities throughout the U.S. in select target markets. Our principles have been involved in the acquisition, disposition, and management of over 2,000 units.
We’re in the business of revitalizing communities, reinventing properties, renewing partnerships, and realizing opportunities.