Purpose of Job
Receive and record payments, research and resolve discrepancies and prepare bank deposits. Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted. Follow-up on past due accounts
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
Common job activities are listed below; actual position responsibilities may vary. Refer to your manager or human resources for specific duties and performance expectations.
- Receive, verify and record accounts receivable transactions including wires, checks and credit card payments.
- Follow up to expedite payment. Record deposits into the appropriate general ledger account or accounts receivable account. Complete month end and other reconciliations.
- Research billing discrepancies. Facilitate the collection of past due accounts. May process rent, third party and builder invoices and bill the customers.
- Respond to accounts receivable questions, verify franchise fees and serve as a liaison with other departments regarding questions.
- May assist with accounts payable and commission processing activities. May run, sort and distribute commission payments to sales associates.
- May reconcile statements, trial balances and A/R ledgers.
- Sort and distribute mail, and handle miscellaneous copying and filing.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
Follow the company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct and all subsidiary and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
Thinking of beginning a career in real estate or redefining your career at a new brokerage? Join the dominant market leader.
Georgia Properties has over 1,600 associates and 23 offices across the Greater Metro Atlanta area. We offer a full suite of integrated real estate services including residential real estate, luxury real estate, new homes sales and marketing, commercial real estate, corporate relocation, property management, mortgage lending, title and settlement services, home warranties and insurance.
The company has been consistently ranked the No. 1 real estate company by the Atlanta Business Chronicle, Trendgraphix, RealValuator and SmartNumbers. RealTrends ranked the company as one of the top 17 in the nation for performance over the past 10 years.