Full Time (40 hours per week) with full benefit package, competitive salary and excellent bonus potential!
The AP Specialist provides financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by receiving and processing payments, verifying and reconciling invoices efficiently and accurately.
1. Open and sort incoming AP mail.
2. Process Manual invoices and Invoice Purchase Orders for Payment:
a. Match invoices with purchase orders (paper copies).
b. Receive purchase orders in Great Plains and invoice all items.
c. Cancel purchase orders if indicated.
d. Input non-purchase order invoices in Great Plains.
3. Process weekly check run:
a. Post invoice batches.
b. Post monthly recurring batches.
c. AP manual check request.
d. Create check batch.
e. Select payables to process payments due the Friday of the following week.
f. Print AP checks.
g. Post check batch.
h. Process check remittance.
i. Void checks if needed.
j. Review invoices for sales tax to be paid.
k. Key invoice data into monthly spreadsheets.
l. File invoices.
4. Review AP vendor statements, assist with AP inquiries from vendors/managers/employees:
a. Request copies of invoices if needed.
b. Work with vendors to reconcile accounts with outstanding invoices/credits.
c. Assist with any questions from vendors/managers/employees regarding payments or reimbursements.
5. Review open and received purchase order reports.
6. Maintain copies of invoices for 1711 fixed asset account and 1313 injectables/drug account.
7. Manage credit card:
a. Ensure the company credit card is signed out/in.
b. Ensure all receipts have been submitted.
c. Research any discrepancies and process statement for payment.
1. Two year accounting/business degree or equivalent work experience.
2. Healthcare background preferred.
1. High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
2. Strong interpersonal abilities.
3. Tactful, mature.
4. Diplomacy, discretion, and sound judgment.
5. Ability to establish credibility.
6. Resourceful and well organized.
7. Service oriented.
8. The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
9. Critical thinking: uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
10. Detail oriented.
11. Comprehends technical information.
12. Independently works with others in a wide variety of circumstances.
13. Ability to prioritize.