Eastwood Custom Homes
Well established local Construction company and general contractor is seeking an experienced individual to fill a central Accounts Payable position on our team. The role is primarily responsible for daily processing of vendor invoicing, along with providing other related financial, administrative and clerical tasks as needed. The successful candidate should have meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, strong organizational, planning and reporting skills, and the ability to identify and resolve problems. This dynamic, fast paced position requires an effective team player who interacts well with others. If this sounds like you, then we would like to hear from you!
- Maintain AP email inbox (multi-entity).
- Timely and accurately review, process, prepare all vendor invoices for approval and coding.
- Review and process all expense reports and intercompany payments obtaining appropriate documentation and approval.
- Responsible for the subcontractor payment process (pending, waivers, and payments).
- Complete project close out items (retention release, waiver, warranty, etc.).
- Assist/Process weekly check/ACH/Wire disbursements.
- Administer check requests as directed by Controller.
- Reconcile vendor statements and related transactions in a timely fashion.
- Maintain/create an organized, thorough and accurate filing system for all A/P and related documentation.
- Manage maintenance of vendor database, including collection of W-9 forms
- Maintain positive business relationships with suppliers, owners, subcontractors and customers accounting contact.
- Respond and handle all vendor account inquiries, including phone and written requests.
- Provide support to other department requests for assistance, maintain good working relationships with other departments.
- Comply and assist with audit requests and procedures when needed.
- Complete month-end and year-end procedures timely and accurately.
- 1 – 3 years of Accounts Payable experience, Construction industry background is desirable.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Windows applications.
- Experience with Sage 300 CRE accounting software is desirable.
- Knowledge of Timberscan a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; capable of clearly articulating thoughts.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Highly accurate, organized with strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter who can work independently, show initiative and solve problems.
About Eastwood Custom Homes
Since its founding by brothers Ron and Bill Clous in Traverse City, Michigan in 1977, Eastwood Custom Homes has long been recognized for building quality, affordable homes. Our many developments represent the largest single company effort to provide housing for families across the Northern Michigan region. Eastwood is also well known for custom building homes across the Grand Traverse area.
Eastwood Custom Homes
848 US 31 South
Traverse City, MI 49685