Hotel Valencia San Antonio Riverwalk LP
We seek a passionate, detail-oriented specialist who will be responsible for managing all aspects of accounting functions including accounts payable, receivable, payroll, general accounting inquiries, end-of-month reporting, inventories, and P&L while maintaining accuracy and deadlines. Our ideal candidate has a bachelor's degree in finance and at least three years of management experience, preferably in the hospitality industry. Please apply as soon as possible if this describes you!
- Conduct monthly payroll audits and issue paychecks
- Primarily Weekdays 8:30 am-6:30 pm with occasional weekends and/or special events.
- Accountable for all posting masters and accounts receivable accounts to include sending out invoices for group billing and negotiated accounts.
- Check references for all credit applications.
- Reconcile posting masters prior to the departure of the group.
- Ensure that all invoices go out with supporting backup for all charges in a timely manner.
- Daily account receivable transfer for PMS.
- Reconcile and post all checks/incoming wire transfers received by accounting.
- Research and resolve all accounts receivable disputes.
- Monitor receivable account balances, aging, and collect payments past due.
- Maintain complete and organized billing files.
- Organize and distribute vendor invoices for departments.
- Ensure all vendor invoices are processed in a timely and accurate manner and forwarded to the corporate office on a weekly basis for payment processing.
- Reconcile vendor statements and ensure that all accounts are kept paid on a current basis.
- Process and send proper accounts payable documentation to the corporate office in a timely manner.
- Process check requests accordingly.
- Maintain complete and accurate files.
- Daily handling and resolution of customer and credit card inquiries/disputes/receipt requests. Review night audit reports dailyDistribute change as needed. Reconcile e-giftify.
- Perform a daily audit of cash posted through the point of sale and property management system.
- Complete cashiering tasks including cash deposit reporting and preparing bank deposits.
- Investigate all cash variances of $5 and involve departmental managers and human resources, if necessary, to document these shortages.
- Maintain petty cash handling procedures and ensure the policy is always followed with respect to limits and approvals.
- Remit to the corporate office in a timely manner a summary of all petty cash activity.
- Maintain the integrity of the hotel house bank as well as all house banks issued to cash handling associates.
- Perform unscheduled audits on all bank issues to cash-handling associates.
- Complete chargebacks in a timely manner.
- Completing End of Month Reporting by the deadline to include tax exemptions.
- Review monthly PTrack and record accruals, releases, and pre-paid expenses.
- Analyze and submit comments/changes for end-of-month general ledger, and profit/loss statements.
- Superior customer service skills, math skills, relationship skills, and communication skills are preferred
- Must be well-versed in generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel and familiarity with Quickbooks or similar accounting software
- Position requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent; degree in finance or related field is strongly preferred
- Attention to detail and accuracy of all job functions is paramount.
- Met all deadlines and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- 2+ years of accounting experience is preferred.
- 2+ years of hotel management experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Stay in Touch/ Aloha/Fidelio
- Maintaining professionalism /integrity
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of all outlets and daily procedures.
- Keep work areas clean and organized.
- Be extremely courteous to all customers and fellow employees.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services, and its facilities.
- Must possess basic computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Telephone and guest relations etiquette and skills.
- Ability to compile facts and figures.
- Ability to maintain cash banks.
About Hotel Valencia San Antonio Riverwalk LP
Hotel Valencia Riverwalk is located in downtown San Antonio, TX, and is a pillar of the community. Our hotel is unique to the city and is looking for outstanding talent to provide exceptional customer service to our guests. We are part of Valencia Hotel Group, our collection of hotels is created for today’s passionate travelers, and each of our hotels is intentionally built to showcase modern design and classic character. We are looking for team members who are passionate about providing excellent service and are ready to be empowered to go above and beyond.
You will be trained to offer the exceptional service that Valencia Hotel Group is known for. We invest in personal relationships for our associates, guests, and investors, and you can join our family and enjoy travel benefits and perks all while serving our community.