NAAAM Real Estate Collection
This position shares responsibility for the general accounting function of the organization. It includes ensuring proper overall general ledger accounting in accordance with US GAAP, reporting and compliance for debt covenants as well as responsibility for specific accounting areas as determined by the Assistant Controller and Controller. The Accounting Manager oversees accounts payables and is a key preparer of closing process adjustments, various contract driven calculations and account reconciliations. The position will also help set up and accounting systems for the newly formed SPV entity, related month-end consolidation process, and new debt financing requirements. The position with require coordination not only within the Finance Team but also with various other departments within the Company. Further responsibilities include active participation in the planning and preparation for the annual budget process, annual financial audit, as well as other duties and projects as required.
- Facilitate accounting for SPV entity, financial close, consolidation, and reporting to creditors on debt covenants (CFADS and DSCR).
- Preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations and various other supporting schedules as a part of the month-end close process.
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial statements to include consolidation of SPV entity and maintenance of general ledger accounts.
- Financial statement line-item analysis, actual v. budget & forecast analysis, construction statistics, variance reports and sales analysis.
- Manage payables operations with staff to ensure timely payments to vendors and trade partners.
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecast reports to support payables and receivables operations and reporting.
- Annual work with outside auditor(s) in preparation of year-end audit processes.
- Collaborate with the other finance department members to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Assist leadership with strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, company procedures, debt covenants and internal controls.
- Monitor and analyse department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Interpretation and application of ASC topics and US GAAP.
- Support an environment of continuous improvement by making recommendations and implementing solutions where possible.
- Support the Finance department in the preparation of various ah-hoc projects and reports to include accounting information systems improvements (ERP / CRM and EPM enhancements).
- Assist with tax filings and process management with TW tax advisor KPMG.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- CPA or MBA in Accounting required.
- 3+ years' experience preferred with knowledge of fixed assets, debt and revenue.
- Experience within public accounting firm with commercial experience ideally within the Telco, or Engineering and Construction (or similar) industry.
- Must have advanced knowledge of accounting practices, standards, systems and processes.
- Must have strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Must have attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Must possess Ability to work well independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with experience working with non-finance personnel.
$19 - $24 hourly
About NAAAM Real Estate Collection
NAAAM Real Estate Collection is a boutique brokerage located in Rockville, MD. It was started in 2004 by Prabhjit Singh. He does 20 million in sales volume himself every year. He was named as one of the top 100 real estate agents in the U.S. by Realtor.com. He is known for his high percentage of conversion of online leads and speaks nationally on this topic at the Inman Connect conference and Realtor.com summit. His brokerage is known for the team atmosphere that has been created so that agents support each other at such a high level that no one ever feels that they are doing it all alone. Whether that means calls in the middle of the night, covering each other's open houses, or covering for another agent when they are going out of town, we are there for each other. This brokerage is a family and we are there for each other to make sure we are all extremely successful.