Tim O'Brien Homes Inc.
This position is responsible for performing the daily operations of the accounting department including all payables, assisting in receivables processing, tracking sub-contractors insurance, and other duties associated with accounting administration. Support General Office tasks.
- Work closely with Controller to provide accurate, updated, information in Sage Accounting to properly report monthly financial information to CFO.
- Receive and process all approved Purchase Orders from the Production Team. Track and pay Purchase Orders per vendor agreement terms. Approve and code invoices from subcontractors. Track and pay invoices per vendor agreement terms.
- Receive all approved Overhead expenses. Track and pay as required so as not to incur finance charges and/or late fees.
- Enter all approved Overhead payments and overhead invoices into Sage Accounting. Keep all vendor files updated with a current Certificate of Insurance and W-9 on file for each vendor.
- Process and track all real estate tax bills at year-end.
- Maintain credit card payment processing and allocation to departments.
- Track intercompany reimbursements.
- Create monthly 401(k) file and upload for EFT.
- Maintain all overhead files and track fixed asset purchases, leasehold improvements, and donations. Help track budgets and margins for jobs during construction.
- oWork with Purchasing Dept. to keep vendors and cost codes accurate between purchasing and accounting. Assist with TBB customer draws and waiver tracking.
- Setup jobs in Sage Accounting.
- Setup and maintain vendor list in Sage Accounting, including tracking insurance.
- Receive all employee expense reimbursement requests and special Check Requests and process weekly.
- Enter all payroll journals into Sage Accounting.
- Sort and file all payables after processing.
- Coordinate all necessary paperwork and reports for a yearly insurance audit.
Core Competencies/Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and understand basic financial statements.
- Basic technology skills, including Microsoft Windows, Outlook (email), and experience with a residential production scheduling system.
- Must have and maintain a courteous telephone manner and be capable of dealing with multiple interruptions and rush requests.
- Must possess and maintain a positive attitude and business casual appearance.
- Must uphold the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must maintain the highest degree of accuracy.
$40,000 - $45,000
About Tim O'Brien Homes Inc.
Tim O'Brien Homes is an award-winning, semi-custom single-family home builder in the Milwaukee and Madison, Wisconsin areas. They are leaders in energy efficiency, innovative designs, green building practices, and renewable technologies. All homes are 3rd party tested and certified surpassing the State's energy-efficiency and green strict guidelines, and backed by a 5-Year Energy Guarantee.
Join a team of people who live by seven Core Values which are the guiding principles of our daily work and underscore commitment to customers, vendor partners, and each other. Tim O'Brien Homes is also a partner of Neumann Companies and its affiliates.