The Accounting Clerk processes accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions. Records and posts payments received and makes payments for vendor invoices and other debts owed by the Company. The Accounting Clerk verifies amounts owed and received and ensures that transactions are recorded promptly and accurately in accordance with internal accounting policies. Maintains and reconciles accounts payable and receivable ledger accounts. Additionally, the Accounting Clerk prepares reports of delinquent accounts and responds to customer/vendor inquiries.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Operates specific accounting system applications for data entry, information retrieval and/or inquiry.
- Verifies accuracy and completeness of repetitive accounting documents, identifies discrepancies, resolves issues, and determines appropriate course of action according to established procedures.
- Supports the efforts of the records retention function and assists with the scanning and organization of documentation to be retained.
- Assists in verifying, filing, and maintaining promissory notes and other documents within the Accounting Department.
- Assists in processing wire requests and confirmations.
- Assists in all phases of accounts payable processes.
- Assists in all phases of account receivable processes.
- Processes office mail and completes bank deposits.
- Provides administrative and field office support.
- Minimum of 1 year of accounting experience preferred.
- High school diploma, or equivalent education and experience.
- Knowledge of Accounting software strongly preferred.
- Highly motivated, ambitious, and driven to succeed.
- Must be trustworthy, honest, and able to continuously display a high level of integrity.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Able to understand and respond appropriately to basic inquires.
- Able to read, write, and communicate using the English language sufficient to perform job functions.
- Ability to use Company equipment in assigned area (including but not limited to telephone, copiers, fax machines, computers, internet, etc.).
- Able to access, input, retrieve, and interpret information using applicable computer systems (including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, industry-specific computer software, etc.).
- Able to multi-task (e.g., simultaneous usage of several applications, etc.).
- Well-versed with keyboard shortcuts and able to identity new ways to complete a task in less time.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works well under general supervision.
- Able to handle deadlines and working within banking guidelines.
- Compliance with all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws, and Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) requirements is required. Employee must complete annual training in these areas.
- This job operates in a clerical office setting; climate-controlled surroundings with adequate lighting and little or moderate noise when in the office.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and photocopying is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- This position performs additional duties as assigned, given adequate guidance and resources. This Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee to perform this job.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About ALCOVA Mortgage
Most companies start with a business plan. ALCOVA Mortgage started with a friendship. Bound by common background and inspired by a passion to serve, childhood friends Bobby Nicely, Billy Siple and Rob Lindstrom dreamed of one day starting a business.
In 2003, the trio joined together to establish a mortgage company—ALCOVA—an acronym for Alleghany County, VA, in honor of their roots.
In 2012, ALCOVA Mortgage made its debut on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the United States and has been recognized every year since. The company’s phenomenal growth of 96% in three years propelled it into the league of such legendary businesses that gained notoriety on the prestigious list as Dell, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Pandora, Timberland, Zillow, Yelp, and Domino’s Pizza.
Today, ALCOVA continues to thrive, largely because of its roots in a friendship and the passion to serve.