Our busy restoration/construction company is seeking an organized problem-solver to join our team as our construction accounting assistant. Our ideal candidate will have 2 years of experience with accounts payable, in the construction industry. They will help our team ensure budgets, timelines, and job costs are accurate.
If you’re an experienced accounting assistant, with a great work ethic, excellent communication skills, and experience with accounting software, we’d love to talk with you. Please apply today!
- Perform extensive data entry to ensure all financial data is input into accounting software
- Work with the general contractor or project manager and provide detailed financial reporting to ensure costs, timeline, and budget of construction projects are accurately forecasted
- Resolve any invoice issues, and process invoices, checks, and payroll accurately and on-time
- Analyze invoices and purchase orders in order to determine payment schedules
- Enter all invoices accordingly and accurately code
- Work with Project Managers to properly job cost and budget
- Ensure subcontract compliance requirements are met (insurance certificates and W-9’s)
- Receive and respond to vendor inquires
- Balance and match receipts to credit card statements
- Provide work orders and scopes of work to customers
- Send invoices to customers and insurance companies
- Assist with payroll, as needed
- Exceptional organization, analytical, problem solving, and communications skills are important
- Experience in a busy office is required
- Experience working with accounting software; Sage 100 Contractor would be a HUGE plus
- An understanding of the construction industry is preferred, but not required
- Strong computer skills, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) are required
- Superb organization and communication skills, as well as great time management, are essential
- 3 years of experience of administrative experience is needed - previous administrative duties in a busy construction office is ideal
- Strong customer service skills over the phone are required
We are a drug-free company.
$17 - $22/hour Depending on experience
Since 1986, the proven professionals from Concraft have been Restoring Properties and Rebuilding Lives for homeowners and business owners in the Greater Detroit Metro Area, and throughout Southeast Michigan. Concraft provides a 24/7/365 emergency response to our customers, whether in need of disaster restoration or commercial renovation.
The Concraft Team thanks you for your consideration to join our family. Also, the potential of Positively Impacting Lives together to our customers and each other.