GSH Group, LLC
We are looking for a qualified accountant to keep our company on track and on budget with steadfast accuracy.
This position reports to the CFO and is ideal for qualified candidates with Accounting experience in construction and/or real estate with a hands-on leadership style.
If you are detail oriented, possess excellent analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills, have a strong work ethic and have the ability to meet deadlines - this will be the right move for you!
- Process all construction payables, monitor project budgets, enforce processes and procedures for accounts payable.
- Prepare monthly billings to clients, using AIA documents (prepare G702, G703, and sworn statements).
- Maintain lien waivers for all subcontractors – with the assistance of accounting staff.
- Monitor inventory tracking.
- Assist in the preparation of company financial reporting requirements.
- Perform monthly close and related journal entries (bank reconciliations, WIP, Accruals).
- Monthly review of job cost activity ensuring consistent and proper coding.
- Monitor fixed asset activity in detail.
- Generate month-end depreciation and amortization entries.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to access and accurately input information using Job Costing Software.
- Must have considerable knowledge with basic accounting principles (i.e. journal entries, debits, credits, etc.) and accounting functions. Job cost and construction experience will be key for this position.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision.
- Ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting deadlines.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be proficient with Excel, Word, and Outlook applications.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in the field of accounting or another related field.
$55,000 Depending on Experience
About GSH Group, LLC
With over 40 years of combined residential real estate experience, the GSH Group LLC works extensively in the multi family apartment space. Its principles have owned or operated over 10,000 residential units in the last 10 years alone. The GSH Group prides itself in creating wealth for its investors by seeing what others do not see. GSH adds value to existing property through creative strategies, using core fundamentals and proactive asset management.