Friend and Company
We are looking for a skilled accountant to play a key role on our growing team. You’ll be responsible for recording all our financial transactions including purchases, sales, receipts, and payments, and posting information to accounting journals and QuickBooks. The ideal candidate is a strong team player, detail-oriented, and highly organized. If this sounds like work you’ll love, we’re waiting eagerly for your application!
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct daybook, suppliers ledger, customer ledger, and general ledger
- Process accounts receivable and accounts payable in a timely manner
- Ensure all books reconcile with bank statements and prepare financial statements
- Complete bookkeeping duties: Data entry and record maintenance
- Consistently input daily financial transactions and finalize the posting process
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- 2+ years of work experience at an accounting firm or as a bookkeeper, cost accountant, management accountant, or similar position
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Experience with Excel, QuickBooks, and basic accounting systems
$37,000 - $45,000 yearly
About Friend and Company
Friend and Company has been a New Orleans staple since 1976. We strive to give each and every client an excellent experience and create long-lasting relationships. We have made it through the best and the not so good times because of the level of service we give to our clients. We are looking to grow our family with reliable and hard working professionals.