Each letter of DISC represents certain behaviors and characteristics. The I (interactive) illustrates how people interact with others. I personality types are either more outgoing or reserved when it comes to interacting with people.
What is a low I personality type?
A person with a low I personality type in their DISC profile is a Supporter. A Supporter is reserved when interacting with people. They would rather work with a well-known group of people with whom they are already familiar than someone with a high I personality type who likes to be outgoing with everyone.
Low I personality traits
A person that has the Supporter personality type likes to be more reserved other people. They’re talkative with their established circle of friends and close associates, but they tend to be more shy with people they've recently met.
Supporter personality traits:
- Reserved in public settings and more outgoing in small groups
- Restrained when expressing emotion
- Discreet when it comes to sharing personal information
- Shy when it comes to meeting new people
- Supportive of other people and their goals