Director of Housekeeping
Director of Housekeeping Job Overview
The director of housekeeping oversees all housekeeping operations at a hotel and is responsible for ensuring a clean and safe environment for all guests. They lead, train, and supervise the housekeeping team, ensure all housekeeping staff follows the proper safety and sanitation standards for guest rooms and public spaces, oversee the proper allocation of budget and supplies for the housekeeping department, and contribute to the overall satisfaction of hotel guests.
Director of Housekeeping Job Template
Director of Housekeeping Job Summary
We’re looking for a professional, experienced Director of Housekeeping to perform impeccable housekeeping services and provide our guests with a safe and clean environment for an exceptional stay with us. You’ll lead the housekeeping team, ensure team members comply with high standards of cleanliness and sanitation protocol, and oversee the department budget. Job seekers should be reliable, responsible, and take pride in their work. If this sounds like you, we highly encourage you to apply.
Director of Housekeeping Responsibilities
- Monitor all the daily operations of the housekeeping department including the cleanliness of all guest rooms and public areas
- Lead, hire, and train hotel housekeeping staff to adhere to our expectations of high-quality cleanliness and customer satisfaction
- Oversee the department budget, take inventory, and ensure there is a stock of adequate supplies
- Document areas cleaned by room attendants and report any issues such as room damage or maintenance requests to the front office
- Ensure all cleaning equipment is in proper working condition and make arrangements for repairs as needed
Director of Housekeeping Qualifications
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in housekeeping management as an executive housekeeper, housekeeping director, or other similar position
- At least 2+ years experience in hospitality or guest services
- Extensive knowledge of environmental services (EVS) including detailed cleaning processes and a wide range of cleaning supplies and equipment
- Applicants should be excellent leaders, detail-oriented, and demonstrate a commitment to customer service
Director of Housekeeping Compensation
$51,949 (National Average)
Post Your Job Now
Director of Housekeeping?
It only takes 2 minutes!
to post your ad!
Benefits of posting with us:
- Expert advice from hiring coaches
- Prime visibility on job boards like Indeed and ZipRecruiter
- Automated screening process with DISC
Job template successfully copied to your clipboard!Post this job now with WizeHire
When you post with WizeHire...
- Expert advice on your job ad, screening questions, and compensation plan
- Prime visibility on job boards including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and Monster
- Automated DISC assessment and screening questions
Ready to post your own job ad?
Begin with this template and post your job to 60+ job boards with help from one of our expert coaches.