This Social Media Manager job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and is easily modifiable. Feel free to customize this sample with your firm’s unique content.
• Social Media Assistant
• Marketing Assistant
• Social Media Specialist
• Social Media Coordinator
• Marketing/Social Media Expert
• Creative Marketing Assistant
• Social Advertising Specialist
Example Job Description #1
We are seeking a TALENTED highly motivated, self-starting, creative individual with a passion for connecting with current and future customers through content marketing, social media, and traditional marketing efforts.
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for advancing the community and customer experience through online and traditional marketing. This position is charged with accelerating the expansion and use of social media channels as well as to bring a high degree of creativity to our existing methods. This position requires tight interaction with the marketing, customer service, operations, sales and technology teams to ensure that our website, social media, collateral and other communications accurately reflect our brand and to achieve overall goals.
Applicants should have a well-developed capacity for coordinating and implementing marketing communication projects with responsibilities in social media, public relations, search marketing, advertising, brand stewardship and special events management. Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within marketing and advertising is critical, while knowledge of real estate functions is a bonus. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
In addition to marketing, branding, and social media related work, this position will also share a role in tracking sales data; maintaining collateral and marketing materials inventory; maintaining databases; and preparing reports.
This position will lead our efforts to engage stakeholders with quality content, create content delivery plans, and maintain consistent, brand-appropriate content as well as oversee and administer the company’s social media marketing and advertising.
Example Job Description #2
Love selling a brand? We need you! [Client name] is looking for a motivated self-starter who is passionate about marketing and social media to join our dynamic and fast growing real estate team in [City/state].
The Social Media Marketing position is responsible for generating traffic to new and existing home communities by creating and delivering marketing ideas and activities; creating content and managing social media channels; maintaining inventory of collateral materials; planning events, meetings and trade shows; developing and maintaining new community launch timeline. You will be intimately involved in helping our agency communicate the value we bring to the community.
Our Social Media Marketing Expert will be responsible for building and executing campaigns on Facebook and Instagram to help expand our brand. You will be responsible for strategizing, executing, and managing a variety of Facebook ad campaigns from beginning to end. Responsibilities will include conceptualizing the campaign, developing and executing all ads, and analyzing ad performance and results. We want a highly productive social media guru!
We are also fully engaged in your professional and personal growth in a way that few others offer. We would love to have you join the family!
Job Responsibilities (pick 3-6 responsibilities)
• Ensures that company messages and materials are accurate and consistent
• Creates, delivers, edits, and optimizes marketing materials and advertising campaigns
• Executes new community launch including signage and events
• Prepares weekly sales reports
• Edits and maintains social content for communities
• Post and maintain all listings in MLS
• Coordinate all services for listings
• Website management including written and digital content, redesign as needed, SEO development and tracking analytics
• Run and maintain all social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) with scheduled posts and updates
• Support the company and agent tracking of incoming leads/prospects and adjust marketing campaigns accordingly
• Event Planning/Coordination
• Arrange all closing gifts and events
• Create and develop a variety of Facebook ads
• Establish all marketing for team events, open houses, and new listings
• Plan and organize all team events and market across all social media channels
Job Qualifications (pick 3-6 qualifications)
• B.S./B.A. in Marketing or related majors
• Minimum of 2 years marketing/brand management in an agency or real estate sales environment
• Possesses a proven track record of sales/marketing performance
• Exceptional phone skills
• Social media expert
• Bright, upbeat, energetic and have strong communication skills
• Highly proficient with marketing concepts
• Enjoys working in an entrepreneurial environment
• Passion for new solutions and challenging broad based audiences
• Knowledge of forward design concepts
• Some understanding of the sales process for residential real estate
• Enjoys the challenges of new products, new environments and working with a new team
• Experience with Adobe Suite (intermediate)
• Experience in the real estate industry preferred
Salaries for Social Media Managers can vary. To find out competitive compensation in your area, click here.