This Listing Agent job description template is optimized to get the best results from posting to online job boards or careers pages and is easily modifiable. Feel free to customize this sample with your firm’s unique content.
• Showing Assistant
• Showing Agent
Example Job Description #1
The Showing Agent will be an individual who is highly sociable, draws energy from working with people, and is optimistic and outgoing. They have a compelling desire to support the lead agent in achieving team success, while being committed to growing their own skills and to developing into a leader within the team.
After the lead agent performs a needs analysis, the lead agent will pass the desired criteria to the Showing Agent. The Showing Agent will pick up the baton and find homes that meet the criteria, and they will drive buyer clients to those homes. As clients explore homes, the Showing Agent will work with clients to confirm or refine criteria and will show additional homes as needed. When buyer clients are ready to make an offer, the Showing Agent will pass the baton back to the lead agent.
A Showing Agent should be able to successfully show homes to around three to four buyers a month.
The Showing Agent will have a real estate license in order to meet MLS criteria for the duties in this role. They are forward-looking individuals who develop and maintain positive professional relationships. They have a track record of success, and a palpable desire to succeed in this role, as well as their next.
Example Job Description #2
There’s no better way to start in this industry!
The showing partner serves as a ‘nurse’ – while working with the buyer agent (doctor). They assist with a large amount of client relationships – building rapport, showing a number of homes, encouraging and assisting clients, and helping the buyer agent with the details on his/her plate.
This is the perfect opportunity to get started in a career in real estate, without the fear of jumping straight into a commission only role where you are on your own to sink or swim. Our showing assistant will learn all of the ropes, we will be with you every step of the way and you will be able to generate an income while you learn!
If you like meeting lots of new people, supporting them, being out of the office and never sitting in one place for too long, this is a perfect opportunity for you.
Job Responsibilities (pick 3-6 responsibilities)
• Assist the lead agent by showing homes to buyer clients
• Assist the lead agent by identifying homes that meet the criteria as specified by the lead agent after the lead agent has completed a needs analysis
• Driving buyer clients to homes
• Working with buyer clients to refine their needs and wants based on seeing homes
• Finding homes that meet buyer clients’ criteria
Job Qualifications (pick 3-6 qualifications)
• Professional in attitude and appearance
• Possess ability to connect with a variety of personalities
• Enthusiastic with excellent people skills.
• Independent and self-motivated.
• Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written).
• Extremely strong phone skills: ability to set and close appointments over the phone.
• Ability to use or quickly learn real estate specific CRM and marketing/lead technologies.
• Be a team player who thrives working with a tight knit company where their activities directly affect the bottom line.
• People oriented
• Happy, positive
• Ability to spend a large amount of time driving in their car
• Ability to analyze clients’ needs and wants and match them to homes
• Learning based
• Ambitious with proven ability to succeed
• High school graduate
• Real Estate License (Required for job but not to apply; we can help you get one!)
Salaries for Showing Assistants can vary. To find out competitive compensation in your area, click here.