This Rental Agent job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and is easily modifiable. Feel free to customize this sample with your firm’s unique content.
Rental / Leasing Agent Job Titles (pick one)
• Rental Agent / Leasing Agent
• Rental Agent / Real Estate Leasing
• Real Estate Leasing Agent / Rentals
• Leasing Agent / Real Estate Rental
Example Job Description #1
We are seeking a talented Leasing/Rental Agent to join our thriving team! The ideal candidate for this position will enjoy fast-paced work, show creativity, and have a high degree of professionalism when working with our residents. The leasing/rental agent is responsible for successfully creating and maintaining successful relationships with landlords and closing the rental inquiries efficiently.
If you’re an enthusiastic, perceptive individual who’s eager to make an impact in the lives of others and aspires to build a career around the creation and cultivation of meaningful relationships, our dynamic, customer-oriented Leasing/Rental Agent position is perfect for you!
Self-assured and open-minded individuals who have a passion for selling and are willing to step outside their comfort-zones will thrive in this position.
Example Job Description #2
We are aggressively seeking a rental/leasing agent who is ready to hustle, lease units (with opportunity to act as a buyer or selling agent as well) and get paid for their performance with unlimited earning potential. This position requires presenting properties and provided amenities in a positive light to prospective tenants, screen tenants for property owners and help them navigate the property market, refer and sell management services to new clients. Available properties are promoted via MLS and Internet using a variety of media and promoting materials.
We are looking for a capable Leasing Agent to present and lease residential rental properties to prospective tenants. The goal is to prospect and screen applicants, prep leases and maintain a high occupancy rate. Unlike traditional real estate sales that can take 30 – 90+ days for settlement and commission payout, a leasing agent can expect to potentially close deals within 14 days from start.
BONUS earnings potentials:
- Commissions from sales with buyers or sellers of real estate.
- Referral commissions for buyers or sellers referred to our agents.
- Recruiting referrals income for recruiting agents into the company.
- Recurring (evergreen) commissions for all residential and commercial clients referred to the business.
Job Responsibilities (pick 3-6 responsibilities)
• Answer incoming phone calls and respond to emails in a timely fashion
• Follow up with all leads on a daily basis
• Communicate with landlords in a clear and effective way
• Uphold company policy and professionalism when scheduling and performing apartment tours
• Processing paperwork in a timely fashion
• Approaching everyday with an open-mind and unwavering enthusiasm
• Present properties and provided amenities in a positive light to prospective tenants
• Present management opportunities in a positive light to prospective clients, both commercial and residential
• Advertise available properties using MLS and a variety of media and promoting materials
• Determine the needs, living standards and economic viability of prospect customers
• Confirm rental application data and personal references
• Stay knowledgeable of the property market status
• Provide information on all aspects of properties
• Negotiate leasing terms and conditions and close deals
Job Qualifications (pick 3-6 qualifications)
• Proven track record of successful sales or working experience as a leasing/rental agent
• Basic understanding of MS Office
• Strong communication skills
• High-energy and enjoys a fast-paced environment
• Enjoy and take pride in providing excellent service
• Great with people — warm, friendly and helpful in person and on the phone
• Basic computer skills: typing and writing ability for correspondence, memos, etc.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Available evenings and weekends
• Willing to work on commission
• Working knowledge of rental/leasing practices
• Up to date with property market status
• Appfolio Management software experience preferred but not required
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Ready, willing and able to handle call volume and screening
• Persuasive with marketing and sales skills
• Customer service orientation
Salaries for Rental/Leasing Agents can vary. To find out competitive compensation in your area, click here.