Proven recruiting strategies for real estate teams
WizeHire chats with Doug Hannan from Tom Ferry Coaches to reveal recruiting strategies every real estate team leader needs to know.
- 1 lesser-known recruiting strategy real estate teams should know
- 2 times of year you should be hiring
- How to recruit passive job seekers before they go to job boards
- 3 features that make your job ads stand out
- How recruiting W-2 or 1099 employees impacts who sees your job ad
- Take up more advertising space. Job boards allow you to post multiple job ads for the same position – if your ads contain slightly different wording. You can also gain more visibility on job boards by posting your ads in different markets.
- Study your competition. Find out what company benefits (e.g. commission splits, no desk or tech fees, etc.) your competitors offer. Consider what benefits you can also offer and put those in your job ad to attract more candidates.
- Cast a wider net for jobseekers. Struggling to recruit real estate agents? Attract more applicants by creating job ads without license requirements. You can aslo target job seekers, like sales professionals, who have the skills for real estate even if they have no industry experience.
- The time of year you recruit matters. Many real estate markets slow down near the end of the year, so it’s often easier to recruit real estate agents in the fall and winter than in the spring and summer.
- Sell your business to job seekers. Job ads give you a chance to “sell” jobseekers on the benefits of working for your real estate team. This is what’s known as an employer value proposition, and if written well, it will compel more people to apply and give you a leg up on your competition.
- Be more specific about the compensation you’re offering. When people search for jobs online, they often find similar jobs with both wide and narrow pay ranges. However, job ads with narrow pay ranges tend to get more clicks. Why? The compensation is more defined and realistic based on what job seekers believe they can earn.