This Listing Agent job description template is optimized to get the best results from posting to online job boards or careers pages and is easily modifiable. Feel free to customize this sample with your firm’s unique content.
• Listing Agent
• Real Estate Listing Agent
• Real Estate Sales Agent
• Listing Coordinator
• Expansion Partner
• Listing Specialist/Agent
Example Job Description #1
We are a new kind of real estate brokerage that puts clients first, making buying and selling a home faster, easier, and more efficient. We believe that real estate should be built on exceptional client service and advocacy. Whether finding the perfect home or getting the best deal, our clients are the backbone of everything we do.
As a Listing Agent on our team, you’ll be assisting with all aspects of the listing process including attending appointments, meeting contractors, answering client questions, scheduling, entering home details into the local Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and producing a knock-em-over flyer and listing presentations.
You’re the hub for customers contacting us on all fronts, by telephone, email, or the web. You have the charm to engage a client contacting us for the very first time, the confidence and knowledge to advise sellers on their home sale and the follow through to keep our sellers informed while their home is active on the market.
Example Job Description #2
As a [Agency Name] Listing Agent, your job is fun and exciting: delight your clients and prepare homes for our marketing program. A qualified Listing Agent should have a real estate license or be on your way earning one, have a “closing” mentality, and be able to handle questions under pressure to help your client create a marketing plan. You’ll be working with sellers that come from our website, our team of cold callers, and referrals, all while earning consistent commissions!
If you love selling as much as we do, and you are a motivated self-starter who is passionate about selling, we need you to join our dynamic and fast-growing team in [City/State]. With over [gross sales figure] in gross sales last year, we need to expand. This is your opportunity to join a hyper-successful team where you can grow your career and earn a significant financial income!
We are consistently a top producing office and have incorporated innovative approaches to prospecting, marketing, lead follow up and technology – all to support your sales success. We are also fully engaged in your professional and personal growth in a way that few others offer. We would love to have you join the family and start crushing the sales today!
Job Responsibilities (pick 3-6 responsibilities)
• Respond to all listing leads/requests.
• Schedule and conduct listing presentations with potential sellers.
• Work with clients to stage, price, and market homes.
• Handle all aspects of MLS and signs up/down.
• Train team members on open house best practices.
• Work closely with buyers’ agents to negotiate contracts to closing.
• Network to source new business as needed.
• Call customers weekly to provide feedback on their listing.
• Respond to customers’ calls, emails and web requests.
Job Qualifications (pick 3-6 qualifications)
• Quick on your feet
• Professional in attitude and appearance
• Possess ability to connect with a variety of personalities
• Passionate about selling.
• Enthusiastic with excellent people skills.
• Independent and self-motivated.
• Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written).
• Extremely strong phone skills: ability to set and close appointments over the phone.
• Ability to use or quickly learn real estate specific CRM and marketing/lead technologies.
• Be a team player who thrives working with a tight knit company where their activities directly affect the bottom line.
Salaries for Listing Agents can vary. To find out competitive compensation in your area, click here.