Interior Designer Job Description Template
This Interior Designer Job Description Template is optimized to get the best results from posting to online job boards or careers pages and is easily modifiable. Feel free to customize this sample with your firm’s unique content.
Interior Designer Job Titles (pick one)
• Interior Designer
• Interior Design Associate
• Design Assistant
• Home Sales Designer
• Junior Interior Designer
• Design Consultant
• Associate Interior Designer
• Home Stager
• Senior Interior Designer
Example Job Description #1
Join a growing team of hardworking, self-motivated individuals. As an innovative, successful company we believe employees are our best asset. If you possess strong organizational skills and welcome a challenging position in a fast paced environment, consider a career opportunity as an Interior Designer with our organization. Candidate must have a well-rounded interior architecture experience in all aspects of space planning, documentation, finish selection and project management.
Our agency is one of the largest real estate organizations in the area. We are seeking an intelligent, creative, team and detail-oriented professional to join our expanding company. We specialize in residential staging projects primarily in the [LOCATION] area. We create highly desirable properties that appeal to a wide range of prospective buyers, selling quickly and for more money than the competition.
We are seeking a full-time individual with exceptional marketing, administrative and communication skills. Experience in Real Estate or Residential Design/Staging is particularly applicable. This individual must be able to multi-task and must love a job where every day is different. Our ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter who takes initiatives and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Example Job Description #2
Beautiful, comfortable indoor spaces don’t just happen by accident. They are carefully planned by interior designers who combine their artistic and technical skills to create safe and functional spaces where our clients live, work and play.
Our dynamic real estate team is seeking someone who can transform rooms in accordance with our clients’ requirements, using their artistic flair and understanding of color to design interior spaces that have the right aesthetic appeal and make the most of the available space.
You’ll work on design projects in collaboration with our project managers, construction leads, and our finance team. We’re seeking someone who can converse with clients in order to understand their needs, formulate designs which are practical, aesthetically pleasing and conducive to a quick sale.
If you are passionate about interior design and want to work at a fast-paced, entrepreneurial real estate company – come join us!
Job Responsibilities (pick 3-6 responsibilities)
• Staging homes through consultation appointments
• Attending virtual tour photo shoots
• Marketing homes through the creation of property brochures
• Performing administrative tasks
• Work with project management team to coordinate construction/design project to deliver on time, on budget and meet/exceed client expectations
• Manage the process of furnishing and equipment selection, purchasing, and installation
• Provide design knowledge with the project team, including the ability to develop and evaluate design options based on client-driven criteria
• Conduct research to keep current on trends and recent developments in the interior design industry, such as decorating techniques, new materials and innovative tools, as well as up-to-date knowledge of sustainability issues
Job Qualifications (pick 3-6 qualifications)
• A pleasant personality and exceptional communication skills
• A degree of sophistication
• A strict eye for detail
• A flair for creative writing
• Degree/license in Interior Design plus 2-3 years of work experience
• An understanding of the interior design industry
• Adept at performing administrative tasks
• Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer/Google Chrome
• Understanding of finishes and furniture systems
• Strong communication skills with the ability to listen to a client and their needs
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Resourceful problem solver who thrives on wearing several ‘hats’ in a business
• Self-starter who does not need to be micromanaged
• Strong sense of design and aesthetics
• Proven ability to handle multiple priorities, organize efficiently, and manage time effectively
Salaries for Interior Designers can vary. To find out competitive compensation in your area, click here.
Interior Designer Job Description Template in MS Word