This Inside Sales Agent (ISA) job description template is optimized for best results from posting to online job boards and is easily modifiable. Feel free to customize this sample with your firm’s unique content.
Inside Sales Agent Job Titles (pick one)
• Inside Sales Agent
• Inside Sales Consultant
• Inside Sales Representative / Account Manager
• Customer Service / Inside Sales
• Telemarketer / Inside Sales Rep
• Sales Specialist
• Inside Sales Associate
• Sales Development Representative
Example Job Description #1
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing real estate team that is experiencing explosive growth. This growth has catapulted us into becoming one of the top real estate teams in the area, helping more than [Number] households achieve their real estate goals last year. Our vision is to expand to other markets both locally and across the globe while helping our clients and team members build wealth. We are a highly responsible, relationally focused team of real estate professionals whose heart is to dramatically enrich the lives of those around us through real estate. We believe in having fun, building relationships built on trust and mutual respect, and treating our team members like family.
We are currently seeking Inside Sales Agents. The ISA will prospect for and acquire new clients on a daily basis from various inbound and outbound lead sources provided by our company. You will assist in all aspects of the process by prospecting, cultivating, setting appointments and managing leads in our contact management database system. You will obtain critical information about buyer / seller leads and schedule appointments with qualified leads for the Listing and/or Buyer Specialists. You will assist the owner on special projects as needed and provide support for the outside sales team.
We are looking for someone who is results oriented, has the ability to quickly connect and build rapport with strangers, and possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Example Job Description #2
We are seeking a motivated Inside Sales Agent to assist a growing Real Estate Team! As an Inside Sales Agent you will be speaking with visitors to our website to assist them in the home buying process. You will use your exceptional phone skills and relationship building ability to set appointments for some of the best real estate agents in the business. The Inside Sales Agent is passionate about achievement, draws energy from working with people and works with a sense of urgency. This enthusiastic, self-starting person with a passion for selling is responsible for converting a massive amount of leads into appointments through personalized follow-up.
This individual will take ownership of leads, and actively systematize the conversion process for maximum effectiveness. They record their productivity and sales metrics and track the results in regular accountability meetings. This person has the drive and tenacity to achieve or exceed productivity, appointment setting, and revenue targets while responding efficiently to customer inquiries (usually in the form of sales leads) and the subsequent documentation, assignment, and follow up of those leads. This person also has the organizational and time management skills necessary to handle the constant flow of leads coming in and the subsequent documentation, assignment, and follow up of those leads.
This individual must be highly trustworthy—in addition to being the first point of contact to the team, they will also have access to sensitive files and information regarding associates, customers, and finances.
Job Responsibilities (pick 3-6 responsibilities)
• Developing business opportunity within specific geographies served by the [City/State] real estate team.
• Achieving productivity, appointment setting and revenue targets while responding efficiently to customer inquiries (usually in the form of sales leads) and cold calling.
• Primary duties include outbound calling, e-mail communication, coordination and scheduling of real estate buying and selling opportunities and overall management of sales pipeline through the sales cycle.
• Stay fully abreast of the evolving real estate market in [City/State].
• Rigorously prospect for new business and follow up with leads in your pipeline.
• Accurately qualify potential customers for appointments with field agents.
• Understand and adhere to local, state and federal laws regarding real estate brokerage services.
• Accurately track and convey productivity and sales metrics to management.
• Participate in regular training and education requirements.
• Manage cultivation of inbound sales inquiries to convert leads to appointments
• Follow scripts to deliver the team value proposition and handle objections
• Qualify leads to accurately convey motivation, competition, and financial specifics to real estate agents
Job Qualifications (pick 3-6 qualifications)
• Has excellent organizational, time management, and follow-up skills.
• Practices, memorizes, and internalizes scripts.
• Is dynamic, articulate and well-spoken.
• Wants more for themselves than just a weekly salary.
• Passionate about selling.
• Enthusiastic with excellent people skills.
• Independent and self-motivated.
• Decisive and proactive.
• Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written).
• Extremely strong phone skills: ability to set and close appointments over the phone.
• Ability to use or quickly learn real estate specific CRM and marketing/lead technologies.
• Be a team player who thrives working with a tight knit company where their activities directly affect the bottom line.
• Strong problem solving skills with solution oriented focus
• Positive, enthusiastic, motivated and solution oriented
• Highest level of integrity and respect for others
• Proven leadership and motivational skills
Salaries for Inside Sales Agents can vary. To find out competitive compensation in your area, click here.