This Buyers Agent job description template is optimized to get the best results from posting to online job boards or careers pages and is easily modifiable. Feel free to customize this sample with your firm’s unique content.
Buyers Agent Job Titles (pick one)
• Real Estate Sales Agent
• Buyer Agent / Real Estate Sales
• Licensed Real Estate Broker
• Real Estate Sales – Buyers Agent
• Real Estate Agent
• Real Estate Salesperson
• Real Estate Buyer’s Specialist
Example Job Description #1
Do you enjoy guiding home buyers through the purchase process? Do you take pride in providing exceptional customer service, and do you do what it takes to help your clients achieve their goals? The [Agency Name] real estate team is hiring top-notch buyer agents who exhibit these traits.
As an Real Estate Sales Agent on our team, you’ll guide our buyer clients through every step of the purchase process. You’ll provide initial consultations to identify our clients’ criteria for a new home or condo. For our clients who are first-time home buyers, you’ll help them better understand the key milestones in the purchase process. You’ll implement property searches, conduct showings, perform market analyses, draft and negotiate offers to purchase, and serve as your clients’ advocate and adviser through the day of closing.
We’re hiring people-oriented individuals with outstanding positive attitudes. Our Real Estate Sales agents are dedicated to their craft and have a track record of success. They are eager to embrace the systems, tools, and mentorship that our team offers. We offer a supportive, learning-based work environment and a large base of clients. We also offer the administrative support, website, tools, and systems which help you grow your client base consistently over time. As a member of our team, you’ll apply our tools and systems as you create a rewarding, stable, and long-term career in real estate.
Example Job Description #2
Love helping people find the home of their dreams? So do we! [Agency name] is looking for a motivated real estate sales agent who is passionate about making the home selling/buying experience as great as it should be. We need someone to join our dynamic and fast-growing team in [City/State].
With over [gross sales figure] in gross sales last year, we need to expand. This is your opportunity to join a hyper-successful team where you can grow your career, earn a significant financial income and help your customers achieve their ultimate goal of a new home.
We are a results oriented company with high minimum standards. Team members are entrepreneurial in spirit with regards to their job. Their job is their own mini business center. Our customer service is just as important as the houses our clients buy and sell. Each of the Real Estate Sales agents on our team is empowered to do anything within reason to give the customer superb service.
Our leads system, technological platform, and education program will get you off the ground and running. Our resources can put you in a position to provide a level of customer service that agents affiliated with other companies simply cannot match. We are also fully engaged in your professional and personal growth in a way that few others offer. It’s very common for newly affiliated real estate sales agents to have multiple transactions in their first weeks/months in the industry! We would love to have you join the family today!
Job Responsibilities (pick 3-6 responsibilities)
• Consult with clients in order to discover their property desires; then find properties that meet those needs.
• Act as an intermediary between your seller and potential buyer.
• Primary duties include follow ups, e-mail communication and overall management of sales pipeline.
• Provide world class customer service to buyers.
• Manage incoming leads by phone, email, text and CRM.
• Convert leads from customers to clients.
• Write and negotiate contracts for clients.
• Help clients choose mortgage options that meet their needs.
• Create documents such as representation contracts, purchase agreements, closing statements, deeds and leases.
• Participate in open houses, networking activities and MLS to enhance your sales; Present purchase offers to sellers.
• Hold open houses regularly.
• Consistently network and market to prospect for new customers.
• Call, convert, prospect your own sphere of influence to generate additional leads per month.
• Guide 30 to 50 buyer clients through the home purchase process each year.
• “Always be consulting” by providing your clients with your very best service and your very best advice.
• Establish a prosperous and long-term real estate career by supporting and learning from other team-oriented agents.
• Effectively communicate with management and team.
• Able to handle, track, and close several team leads per month.
• Join the company’s culture of synergy by participating in huddles, team meetings and outings to build a sense of camaraderie with other agents as well as networking opportunities.
Job Qualifications (pick 3-6 qualifications)
• Current Real Estate License
• Display a people-oriented, positive and customer-focused attitude
• Knowledge of and understanding of current real estate trends
• Familiarity with the area real estate market
• Willingness to learn new tools, systems, and technologies
• High school diploma or bachelor’s degree preferred
• Customer service or real estate sales background preferred
• Serve as a strong advocate for clients and their goals
• Display excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exercise active listening and active questioning skills to build rapport and uncover client needs
• Show excellent attention to detail for contract writing and review
• Display persistence and resilience when working through challenging situations
• Show good organizational and time management skills
• Ability to spend a large amount of time traveling by car
• Some weekend and evening hours required
• Ability to build meaningful connections and rapport quickly and love meeting new people
• Intricate attention to detail
• Big picture thinker
• Forward thinking, proactive, dynamic, and perform well under pressure
• Time is your most valued asset and you appreciate flexibility and work/life balance
• Deal well with chaos, the unexpected and the unfamiliar
• Data and results driven
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Can handle a large workload and efficiently prioritize
Salaries for Buyers Agents can vary. To find out competitive compensation in your area, click here.