This Administrative Director job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and is easily modifiable. Feel free to customize this sample with your firm’s unique content.
Administrative Director Job Titles (pick one)
• Administrative Director
• Office Manager
• Administrative Manager
• Office/Administrative Director
• Business Office Manager
• Administrative Coordinator
Example Job Description #1
We are looking for a person to handle all functions of our office. Must be self-motivated, have strong customer service skills, organizational skills, an ability to problem solve. A can-do, pleasant attitude and the ability to work independently is a must. If you are looking for a challenging position, a great office environment with the room to learn and grow, we’d like to meet you.
The Administrative Director reports directly to the owners and is responsible for ensuring the smooth daily running of the company. Duties include managing phone and e-mail communications. Oversee routine updates to websites and other social media.
Provide general office support. This includes fielding phone calls and directing them to the appropriate person. Providing support to the brokers in the office. Acting as the lead resource for administrative and secretarial support. Maintaining office files both hard copy and electronic. Coordinating the monthly office schedule, monthly meetings, creating mailings, among other roles.
If you’re up for the challenge, please apply today.
Example Job Description #2
The Administrative Director oversees the day-to-day operation of our busy real estate office. This role requires competency and confidence in interactions with all levels of employees both internally and externally. This position is responsible for managing calendars, setting appointments, planning events, producing documents, and completing projects with minimal supervision along with a high level of attention to detail. Strong customer service skills, excellent typing skills and strong organizational skills are required. This role requires familiarity with office leases and the ability to extract necessary information.
The ideal candidate has experience in managing a large fast paced office environment and can approach this position with strong management and organizational skills, responsibility and commitment. We are looking for a team player with a great attitude who enjoys working with people. Must have prior experience as an office manager and/or executive assistant in a large organization.
Job Responsibilities (pick 3-6 responsibilities)
• Coordinate and take charge of administrative and transaction management Create processes to ensure efficiency
• Complete listing paperwork Create new MLS listings, update pending and closed listings (picture scheduling, signage coordination and ordering, drop off brochures and other marketing materials to listings)
• Provide contract assistance to other positions in the company
• Update the listing and sale filing systems
• Create listing and sales checklists
• Provide status reports
• Assist with title exams, title sheets, executing commissions, and coordinating buyer and seller information
• Assist with the creation of marketing materials like brochures, renderings, Facebook Ads, Zillow and Trulia listings, video, and Website Design
• Build, implement, and manage all systems for sellers, buyers, lead generation, database management, information management, and back-office support
• Responsible for all financial systems, including maintaining the books, paying the bills, handling payroll, assuring the collection of commissions, maintaining the budget, and generating financial reports
• Oversee all contracts through closing
• Create and maintain an operations manual that documents all systems and standards
• Coordinate the purchase, installation, and maintenance of all office equipment
• Be the first point of contact in handling customer inquiries or complaints
• Keep the lead agent informed regarding any problems or issues that need to be handled
• Responsible for hiring, training, consulting, and holding accountable all additional administrative team members
Job Qualifications (pick 3-6 qualifications)
• Experience in Real Estate, Transaction Coordination, Titles or Mortgages.
• Excellent customer service, organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to multitask, work in an environment where frequent interruptions may occur.
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
• Friendly, outgoing personality, able to work with broker associates, clients, and the public.
• Computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, WordPress and more.
• Some flexibility to work schedule, but must be able to work Monday thru Friday.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional organizational and project management abilities
• Bookkeeping skills
• Great ability to focus
• Concerned about doing things the right way
• Calm under pressure
• Learning based
• Service-based attitude
• Proven ability to succeed
• High school graduate
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Real estate license preferred
• 1 – 3 years of service and management experience
• 3 – 5 years of administrative experience
Salaries for administrative directors can vary. To find out competitive compensation in your area, click here.