Administrative Assistant Job Description Template
This Administrative Assistant Job Description Template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and is easily modifiable. Feel free to customize this sample with your firm’s unique content.
Job Title (pick one)
• Administrative Assistant
• Administrative Coordinator
• Office Assistant
Example Job Description #1
Our mission is to create a first class experience for all of our customers and we are seeking an Administrative Assistant who is passionate about helping us reach our objectives and supporting the team. The ideal candidate will have some administrative experience.
The natural ability to organize and prioritize daily tasks with minimal direction is critical in this position. Excellent communication and client service skills are a must. We are seeking an Administrative Assistant who adheres to the highest ethical standards, possesses impeccable attention to detail and exhibits an exceptional professional manner.
If you have the gift of hospitality, thoroughly enjoy interacting with others and have an amiable, outgoing and pleasant demeanor, we look forward to hearing from you. We are searching for a person who genuinely desires to help others, takes pride in their quality of work and also has the ability to multi-task and solve problems.
There is opportunity for advancement for someone who desires to contribute to the growth and refinement of the organization they work with. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the growth of an organization while advancing along with it.
Example Job Description #2
We are seeking an organized professional who can streamline all efforts of the team for increased productivity. We need someone dedicated to supporting company growth by creating an environment of responsiveness and caring for our team, clients, business associates, and community.
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop as an empowered professional team member through shared knowledge and communication, we are interested in meeting you.
Our administrative assistant will have excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task, and exceptional phone manner. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required. Proficiency at quick typing required. This critical position requires someone who can be interrupted frequently, maintain an exceptional attitude, joyfully serve others and shares our belief that people come first. We would love to have you join not just our team, but our family as well!
Job Responsibilities (pick 3-6 responsibilities)
• Build, implement and manage all systems for customers, lead generation, database management and back office support
• Coordinate marketing events and client activities
• Oversee all brochures, flyers, online marketing, etc.
• Manage website, blog sites and social media
• Act as a liaison between customers and team members
• Participate in company-provided training sessions
• Compile and distribute weekly/monthly reports
• Create and maintain an operations manual that documents all systems and standards
• Be the first point of contact in handling customer inquiries and complaints
• Keep team members informed about challenges and issues that need to be handled
• Provide concierge level customer service to vendors and customers
• Enter critical dates on shared Google Calendar
• Send out weekly reminders of upcoming critical dates via email
Job Qualifications (pick 3-6 qualifications)
• Technologically savvy and able to learn new programs quickly and able to troubleshoot common issues; proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Internet skills
• Have excellent attention to detail and high-level accuracy
• Concerned with doing things the right way the first time
• Flexible in daily routine; ability to prioritize and manage shifting responsibilities
• Ability to assess, prioritize and act quickly
• Learning based and solution oriented
• Deadline driven and extremely organized
• Open to new ideas and systems
• Able to stay calm and patient when faced with emotional situations
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; can empathize and build relationships with a variety of personalities
• Continue to maintain the good will and reputation of the entire team
• Able to make quick and effective decisions, solve problems, as well as maintain confidentiality
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in time management
• A true professional, who supports the entire team in achieving their goals
Salaries for Administrative Assistants can vary. To find out competitive compensation in your area, click here.